FOAMCOAT is a non-toxic, water based coating for styrofoam and polystyrene foam, as well as other surfaces. It provides a hard, durable finish that resists chipping and cracking, yet can be sanded smooth or carved to add detailing. FOAMCOAT can be used on a wide variety of surfaces including foam, primed wood, concrete block, primed fiberglass, paper maché, muslin and many other materials. FOAMCOAT is fully compatible with all Roscopaints used either as tints or as surface coatings. FOAMCOAT is inherently flame retardant and water resistant. Suggested Use:
Excellent for use as a protective coating for all types of foam projects. Especially useful on foam scenery or props that receive physical abuse or need to last for extended tours. It can also be used as a texturing agent that is much more durable than plaster or joint compound.
CAUTIONS: Do not apply when surface or air temperatures are below 50°F. Keep from freezing. Avoid prolonged contact with skin or breathing of spray. Do not take internally. Use adequate ventilation. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- Application: Apply by brush, roller, or hopper spray gun depending on the desired finish. The thickness of the coating is determined by the application. When coating over fine details, use successive thin coats to build up a protective layer without obscuring the details. For an extra smooth finish without sanding, smooth the coated surface with a wet sponge just before the FOAMCOAT has set completely.
- Surface Preparation: Foam: All surfaces should be clean and dry before application. Wood & Plastic: Prime surface with Rosco Tough Prime before applying FOAMCOAT. For particularly difficult materials, lightly sand surface to give it more "tooth" before applying FOAMCOAT.
- Compatibility: Foamcoat is compatible with all water based coatings and is easily painted or tinted. Tint Foamcoat using Supersaturated Roscopaint or Universal Tints. It is not necessary to prime Foamcoat before painting.
- Mixing: Stir well. Due to the weight of the solids in Foamcoat settling may occur. Use a power mixing blade for best results.
- Dilution: Use Foamcoat undiluted for most durable single coat application. Foamcoat may be diluted with water if desired. Thinner mixtures will flow and level more than an undiluted application and will dry to a thinner coating.
- Color: Off-white, matte finish.
- Coverage: Varies with application. Approximately 150 sq. ft per gallon.
- Film Thickness: Varies with application. 1/16" - 3/16" per application.
- Dry Time: Varies with thickness of coating. Approximately 2-8 hours. Allow 24 hours for full cure.
- Clean-Up: Soap and water.
- Shelf Life: Minimum 24 months.
- Packaging: 1 Gallon and 3 1/2 Gallon.
. All technical data, recommendations and service are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Rosco assumes no responsibility for the results obtained or damage incurred from use by the buyer in whole or in part since method of application and its use is beyond our control.