Rosco Tough Prime is a unique water based primer with special properties that allow it to bond to the hard-to-prime materials found in every scene shop. Available in White and Black, Tough Prime covers just about any surface, including PVC plastics, aluminum and other metals, foams and plastics, muslin, wood, and foamcore. This quick drying acrylic primer dries to a tough durable, water-resistant coating which can be painted over with virtually any paint, water or solvent based. Suggested Use:
Use Tough Prime to prepare almost any surface for painting. Tough Prime can be used to prime Vinyl Projection Screen and Dance Floor, even carpet. Tough Prime Black is perfect for stage floors and proscenium arches, resiting scuffs and abrasions while providing a rich black finish.
CAUTION: Do not apply when surface or air temperatures are below 50°F. Keep from freezing. Avoid prolonged contact with skin or breathing of spray. Do not take internally. Use adequate ventilation. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. All technical data, recommendations and service are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Rosco assumes no responsibility for the results obtained or damage incurred from use by the buyer in whole or in part since method of application and its use is beyond our control.
- Finish: White: Semi-gloss
- Solvent: Water
- Binder Type: Acrylic polymer
- Dilution: Use Tough Prime undiluted for most applications. When applying by brush, it may be necessary to dilute with water to achieve the proper viscosity. Surface Preparation: Surfaces should be clean, dry and free from dirt and grease. If painting over an existing paint finish, remove any loose material with a brush. When painting over solvent based finishes, or high gloss surfaces, use fine sandpaper or steel wool to give the surface more tooth.
- Application: Stir contents before use. Do not shake. Apply by brush, roller, or spray gun. Apply in even, uniform coats, using a good quality brush or roller. Use overlapping strokes, keeping a wet edge. Change roller direction often to avoid patterns and streaking. Do not apply a heavy coat. To build up a more durable finish, apply several thin coats, allowing each to dry thoroughly between applications.
- Compatibility: Tough Prime is compatible with Rosco Scenic Paints and most other paints as well. Always test before using if unsure. Tough Prime can be tinted using Supersaturated Roscopaint, Universal tints, or other water based colorants and paints.
- Film Thickness: 3 mil. Dry Film
- Coverage: Approximately 300 sq. ft. per gallon.
- Average Dry Time: AT 75°F (24°C) Dries to the touch in 30 minutes. Can be re-coated in 1-2 hours.
- Clean-Up: Soap and water.
- Shelf Life: Minimum 24 months.
- Packaging: 1 Gallon and 5 Gallon.