Brilliant fluorescent paint colors by Rosco.
Available in brighter than normal colors which fluoresce vividly under ultraviolet lights, Rosco Fluorescent paints can create a wide range of exciting effects. They can be used to create special effects using ultraviolet Blacklight or combined with other Rosco paints to make normal colors more vibrant. Fluorescents use the same high quality, water base, vinyl acrylic binder found in Off Broadway paints. It is suitable for use on most surfaces and for interior and exterior* applications. Try using Rosco Fluorescent paints when matching the brightest colors in the Pantone Color Matching System or to achieve astounding 3-D effects.
- Finish: Matte
- Solvent: Water
- Binder Type:Vinyl
- Acrylic Dilution: Fluorescent Paints should be used straight out of the can. They can be diluted with water if necessary, however this will reduce the hiding power of the paint.
- Surface Preparation: Surfaces should be clean, dry and free from dirt and grease. Prime porous surfaces, except fabrics, using Rosco Tough Prime. If painting a new plaster surface, prime wall with a commercial primer/sealer designed for raw plaster. Then use Rosco Tough Prime as a final preparation. Use a white base coat to achieve the most dramatic color effects.
- Application: Stir contents before use. Do not shake. Apply by brush, roller, or spray gun. Apply in thin uniform coats, using a good quality brush or roller. Use overlapping strokes, keeping a wet edge.
- Film Thickness: 2 mil. dry film.
- Coverage: Approximately 300 sq. ft. per gallon.
- Average Dry Time: At 75°F (24°C). Dries to the touch in 30 minutes. Can be recoated in 1-2 hours.
- Clean-up Soap and water.
- Shelf Life Minimum 24 months.
- Packaging: 1 Quart Cans
- Fluorescent pigments will degrade from prolonged exposure to ultraviolet light. Avoid direct sunlight where possible.
- Invisible Blue is a milky white paint that fluoresces to a pale blue under blacklight. When painted over light colored surfaces, Invisible Blue is difficult to detect. However, it can be seen when painted over dark or black colors.
NOTE: Colors shown are computer approximations. Actual color may vary.
CAUTION: Do not apply when surface or air temperatures are below 50°F. Keep from freezing. Avoid prolonged contact with skin or breathing of spray. Do not take internally. Use adequate ventilation. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
All technical data, recommendations and service are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Rosco assumes no responsibility for the results obtained or damage incurred from use by the buyer in whole or in part since method of application and its use is beyond our control.
Fluorescent / VividFx FAQ:
What are Rosco's UV paints made of?
Rosco's Fluorescent and VividFx lines are made of finely ground fluorescent pigments, a vinyl acrylic binder and water.
Can I thin Rosco UV paints with water?
Yes. Rosco Fluorescents and VividFx are water-based paints. They are designed to be used straight from the can for maximum UV effect; the addition of water to them will dilute the fluorescence of the paint under blacklight.
What are the differences between Rosco Fluorescents and Rosco VividFx?
Both lines are made with a vinyl acrylic binder for good adhesion and flexibility. The primary difference is the "pigment load" or amount of pigment in the can. VividFx has a higher pigment content.
Can I mix Rosco Fluorescents and Rosco VividFx with other Rosco paint lines?
Yes. The binders of all the scenic paint lines are compatible with both the UV lines. The fluorescent pigments in the UV lines are especially helpful when an artist is matching bright colors and needs some extra "pop".
Do I need to use a blacklight with the UV paints?
Yes and No. Rosco's UV paints are clean and bright under regular light giving a "dayglo" effect. Using a "blacklight" or Ultraviolet Light Fixture makes the paint fluoresce.