Rosco FlexCoat is a non-toxic, water based coating for polyurethane foam, Styrofoam and ethafoam, as well as other surfaces. Its 100% acrylic formulation provides excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates. FlexCoat contains no plasticizers, so will not become brittle with age or exterior exposure. It is compatible with all Roscopaints used either as tints or surface coatings. FlexCoat is weatherproof and provides a Class "A" fire rating over most substrates. Suggested Use:
Excellent for use as a flexible protective coating over all types of foam. It is especially useful on foam scenery and props which undergo excessive handling or protracted tours. It, also, performs well over concrete, primed metal and primed wood. FlexCoat does not add significant additional weight to the finished product.
CAUTIONS: Do not apply when surface or air temperature is below 50°F (10°C). Protect against freezing. Flexcoat will freeze and become unuseable at temperatures below 32°F (0°C). Do not take internally. Use with adequate ventilation. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. All technical data, recommendations and service are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Rosco assumes no responsibility for the results obtained or damage incurred from use by the buyer in whole or in part since method of application and its use is beyond our control.
- Application: Apply by brush, roller or airless sprayer. Stir well before use. Thinning is not recommended as it reduces the ability to achieve a heavy film with good vertical hold. All surfaces must be uniformly coated and free from voids to assure flame retardance.
- Surface Preparation: All surfaces should be clean, dry and free of dust before application.
- Coverage: Varies with application method. Approximately 250-300 square feet.
- Dry Time: Varies with thickness of coating. Approximately 1-8 hours. Allow 24 hours for complete cure.
- Clean-Up: Easy clean-up with soap and water.
- Shelf Life: Minimum 12 months.
- Packaging: 1 Gallon pail and 5 Gallon pail