Check out Black and White Glass Gobos for added depth with shades of gray for a more dimensional feel. Black and White Glass Gobos have the advantage of being able to reproduce more complex images than Steel Gobos.
Rosco custom glass gobos can be made to fit any stationary or moving lights. They offer the advantages of very sharp fidelity in both photographic and drawn images.
We'll take your unique design and turn it into the highest quality black & white glass gobo available. Digital artwork sent via e-mail is ideal, but we can also accept artwork via fax. Most image formats are supported.
Black and White Glass Gobos are typically made on high temperature borosilicate glass coated. Within Rosco’s coating expertise, Rosco recognizes that light fixtures’ gobo requirements and optics vary. Recognizing this, Rosco utilizes two black and white coatings: the standard Ultra-Matte™ aluminum coating for most fixtures. For certain fixtures such as some Vari Lite units, or upon request, Rosco B/W glass gobos can be manufactured using Black Oxide Aluminum. This coating, applied to the same high temperature borosilicate, will reduce imaging problems found in some fixtures, such as double imaging due to internal reflections. As always we recommend coating away from the lamp for most fixtures and especially for the Black Oxide AL coating side (black side) should always be away from the source. Failure to install this gobo properly will result in immediate damage to the gobo.
- Rosco's manufactured black & white glass gobos can be as thin at 1.1mm thickness.
- Custom glass gobos with only black and clear require 1 day to be processed plus 2 business days to be produced
Need advice? Our customer service staff will help you select the type of custom gobo most appropriate for your project. Give us a call at 1-800-220-6920.
How To Place An Order
1. Tell us what size gobo you need. Here are some common sizes:
- B-Size: 3 3/8" (86mm) outside diameter, 2 12" (64mm) image size. Fixtures include: ETC Source Four, Altman 360Q & Shakespeare, Colortran 5/50 and most gobo rotators.
- A-Size: 3 15/16" (100mm)outside diameter, 3" (76mm) image size. Fixtures include: ETC Source Four, Colotran Leo (these fixtures can also use the B-size with the appropriate pattern holder.
- M-Size: 2 5/8" (66mm) outside diameter, 1 78" (48mm) image size. Fixtures include: ETC Source Four Junior, Altman 3.5Q
2. Tells us what type of fixture you are planning on putting the gobo in. If it is in a moving light, be sure to include which wheel the gobo is to be used in. For example:
- Source Four
- Source Four Junior
- Martin PR-1
- Martin MAC Quantum Profile, rotating gobo wheel verses static gobo wheel
3. Tells us when you need the gobo delivered.
- Allow 2-3 business days for processing in addition to shipping time.
- If your need by date is within 5 business days or less we recommend you call 1-800-220-6920 to place your order.
4. Place your order and send us the artwork.
- Upload Artwork
- Send Artwork via email: email@example.com
5. Give us some instructions on how you want the finished gobo to look in the "Notes" box:
- Do you want the black areas in the artwork to project as light or shadow?
- Do you require a proof of the final artwork before the gobo is cut? Proofs add a day or two to the process.
6. If you need to order additional copies of the same image, click on the Custom Black &White Gobo-Duplicate in Related Products.