CrystalGel is a non-toxic, water-based material which provides a clear, plastic-like coating on virtually any surface used in modern stagecraft. It air dries quickly - usually within hours - to a flexible, translucent surface. When dry, it can be painted with any Rosco scenic paint, or carved, or safely rolled without cracking, peeling, or sticking. Such products as sand, sawdust or powdered clay can be added to it to create unique textures.
CrystalGel is a styrene resin, providing the greatest adhesion power of any non-oil based product. Among the soft surfaces to which CrystalGel will adhere are styrofoam, ethafoam and, of course, muslin and fabrics. Among the more rigid surfaces to which CrystalGel will adhere are metals, glass, plastics, wood, Luan and fiberboard. It is particularly effective in adhering to plexiglass without hardening off.
Cautions: Do not apply when surface or air temperature is below 50°F (10°C). Protect unused product against freezing. CrystalGel will freeze and become unusable at temperatures below 32°F (0°C). Do not take internally. Use with adequate ventilation. Keep out of the reach of children.All technical data, recommendations and service are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Rosco assumes no responsibility for the results obtained or damage incurred from use by the buyer in whole or in part since method of application and its use is beyond our control.
- Application: Apply by brush, roller, pastry tube, trowel, tongue depressor or any other convenient means. CrystalGel has the consistency of hair gel. It may be thinned with water for a more liquid consistency.
- Surface Preparation: All surfaces should be clean, dry and dust-free before application.Drying Time: Varies with thickness of coating, but usually dries to the touch between one and eight hours. Allow 24 hours for complete cure.
- Coverage: Varies with application method; approximately 250 square feet per gallon.
- Clean-Up: Easy clean up with soap and water. Be sure to clean before CrystalGel completely dries. Once dried, clean up is more difficult.
- Shelf Life: Minimum 12 months
- Packaging: 1 Gallon pail and 5 Gallon pail