Rosco FlexBond provides a flexible adhesive bond between many scenic materials, such as fabrics, plastics, foams and wood. Rosco FlexBond dries to a clear, hard, yet pliable coating that does not suffer from the "tackiness" common in many other flexible glues even after those glues have had days to dry. And unlike ordinary "white" glues which can crack and break when flexed, the adhesive bond of Rosco FlexBond remains extremely pliable and strong even as the materials bend and deform. Rosco FlexBond is water based, and very safe to use, with little fume and low toxicity. Suggested Use:
Use FlexBond to adhere fabrics to fabrics, fabrics to wood, foam to wood or fabric and many other combinations of materials common in scene shops. Rosco FlexBond provides an excellent coating over Ethafoam™ that allows this notoriously difficult foam to be painted with ease. With its super adhesion, Rosco FlexBond can be used to laminate blocks of foam together. It can be thinned with water, tinted with universal tints or Rosco paints, or used as an additive to give other coatings like plaster or clay added flexibility.
CAUTIONS: Do not apply when surface or air temperature is below 50°F (10°C). Protect against freezing. Avoid prolonged contact with skin or breathing of spray. Do not take internally. Use with adequate ventilation. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. All technical data, recommendations and service are accurate to the best of our knowledge. Rosco assumes no responsibility for the results obtained or damage incurred from use by the buyer in whole or in part since method of application and its use is beyond our control.
- Application: Apply by brush, roller, or spray gun.
- Surface Preparation: Surfaces should be clean, dry and free of dirt and dust. When applying FlexBond to vinyls or plastics, clean your surface with denatured alcohol to remove any excess plasticiser that might interfere with proper bonding.
- Compatibility: FlexBond is compatible with all water based coatings and is easily painted or tinted. Tint FlexBond using Supersaturated Roscopaint, Universal Tints, or simple latex paint. Add Flexbond to other water based coatings as an additive to increase flexibility and adhesion. Mixing: Stir before using. Do not shake as bubbles may develop.
- Dilution: Use FlexBond undiluted on most non-porous and porous surfaces. FlexBond may be diluted with water if desired. Thinner mixtures will flow and level more than an undiluted application and will dry to a thinner coating.
- Color: Off-white, matte finish.
- Coverage: Approximately 250 sq. ft. per gallon.
- Film Thickness: Undiluted 1 mil dry film.
- Dry Time: Varies with application. Sets in 30-45 minutes. Hard in 1-2 hours. Full cure within 7 days.
- Clean-Up: Soap and water.
- Shelf Life: Minimum 24 months.
- Packaging: 1 Gallon Jugs and 5 Gallon Pails.