Model 170 BESTEEL® is the most famous name in medium-duty stage curtain tracks. The Model 170 is used on the majority of stage installations with medium or light weight curtains with lengths up to about 40’.CWANA means Complete With All Necessary Accessories.
A standard accessory group includes track channel, single carriers supplied on 12" centers, master carriers, end pulleys, floor pulley, lap clamps, hanging clamps, end stops and operating cord.Specifications:
Curtain tracks shall be of 14 gauge galvanized steel construction entirely enclosed except for slot in bottom, each half to be in one continuous piece except where splicing clamps are required. Each curtain carrier (Model 1701) shall be spaced on 12" centers and shall be of plated steel construction with two polyethylene wheels held to the steel block by a rust-proof nickel plated rivet, such wheels rolling on two separate parallel treads. Each curtain carrier shall consist of a free-moving plated swivel to accommodate curtain snap hook. Live-end (Model 1703) and Dead-end (Model 1704) pulley blocks shall be adjustable and shall be equipped with 1-13/16" diameter sleeve-bearing wheels adequately guarded. The manufacturer shall furnish two end stops (Model 1709) for placement at each track end and a tension floor pulley (Model 2865) for increasing cord tension. Stretch-resistant operating cord (Model 1728), for hand operated track systems, shall have synthetic center and shall be of 1/4" diameter, extra quality yarn. Machine operated tracks shall use 3/16" diameter wire center cable (Model 3529).
Model 170 as manufactured by Automatic Devices Company of Allentown, PA.
A CWANA example:
Assume a 28' track in two 14' sections for hand operation 12' high is ordered.
Shipment would include:
- 28' Channel Track (2 pieces x 14' long)
- 26 Single Carriers
- 2 Master Carriers
- 1 Live End Pulley
- 1 Dead End Pulley
- 1 Tension Floor Pulley
- 1 Lap Clamp
- 8 Hanging Clamps (pairs)
- 2 End Stops
- 80' Cord (to calculate approximate amout of cord for hand operation, double track length and curtain height and add together)
- All track systems are shipped unassembled.
- Track systems typically ship via Freight carrier.
- Tracks are shipped in even lengths only. (For example, is a 35' track in two sections is 17-1/2' is ordered, we will actually ship a 36' track in two 18' sections. Customer will be invoiced on that basis.)
- Unless otherwise noted, all track systems are assumed to be bi-part operation.
- Unless otherwised noted, all track sytems will be assumed to be suspended installations and sent with suspended hanging clamps. Advise if track will be ceiling mounted.
Please contact Norcostco for more information.