Field Service Technician
- Norcostco is a national theatrical services and retail company with markets in Costume Rental, Equipment Rental, Makeup Sales, Technical Sales, and Technical Installation
- Norcostco is looking for a new member to join our team to be our Field Service Technician
The Field Technician’s job at Norcostco will be responsible for lighting system startups, commissioning, repairs, and maintenance while coordinating with the Project Managers to help complete our project installations, as well as coordinate with end users to get repairs on their systems completed. The technician should be able to communicate with a wide variety of people, including contractors, facilities operators, and building owners. They will be serving a diverse customer base including K-12 schools, Post Secondary, Private entities, and Government in the five-state area and may support other Norcostco locations like Denver as needed.
- Provide Field support to customers or projects that may include fixture assembly, equipment repair, and cleaning.
- Commissioning of Lighting systems that may include but not limited to brands like ETC, Strand, and Pathway
- Performs effective end-user and technician training.
- Ensures repairs are made within the time frame both in the field and in-house.
- Provide support for service calls and equipment repair.
- Developing/finishing Paperwork including as-builts and training manuals
- Provide Support to project estimating i.e. system design.
- Provide support to other non-lighting projects i.e. hang drapes.
- Provide Preventative Maintenance Service to Rental Inventory
- Provide Sales support by meeting with customers in the field.
- If not scheduled for projects or field work employee is expected to help with rental equipment as applicable or other duties as applied by the manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of comparable experience in a related discipline. All levels of previous job-related experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks without general supervision.
- Theatrical lighting experience including knowledge of DMX, RDM, Patching, Console programming and Basic Networking protocol.
- Knowledge of high-powered electrical, digital, and analog control systems
- Basic Knowledge of NEC and Life Safety Codes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong degree of flexibility and independence
- Computer skills - Intermediate technology skills including an understanding of Microsoft products, project management software, and web portals.
- Able to use hand tools, power tools, and electronic test tools.
- Able to travel up to 50% of the year may include air travel.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record, valid driver’s license, clean background,
- Able to work within a construction environment.
- Able to lift to 50 pounds.
- Able to work at heights and aerial lifts.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Factory/Manufacturer Service Certifications ie ETC Service Technician
- ETCP Lighting Certifications
- AutoCAD experience
FT Salary Range $45,000 to $68,000 Starting Salary depending on qualifications.
We will accept applicants who do not meet the qualifications as an apprentice.
FT Benefits: PTO, Sick Time, 401K, Health Care Access, Discounts, Company provided vehicle,
Please send your Resume, Cover Letter, and 3 Reference contacts or questions to Barry Nelson at Barry.Nelson@norcostco.com with the subject line “Field Technician”
NOTE: The position is in GOLDEN VALLEY, MN.
Norcostco is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.