This truly amazing projector provides large scale rippling light effects previously unavailable to lighting designers. The device utilizes a 200 watt Enhanced Metal Arc source, whose short arc allows for an output of 5K lumens, with a 7000 hour lamp life. The color temperature is similar to a Xenon source at 6000K.
The effect itself is created by rotating two "X" size glass gobos off center of the optical path. This results in a projection that does not appear to have a visible direction or pattern. The color slot will accept dichroic color filters.
Rosco's X-Effects Projector has undergone an engineering overhaul to drastically increase its durability and lifespan in 24/7 operating environments such as theme parks, architectural installations and museums. Addressing both moving parts and optical components, our engineers have re-tooled guides, idlers, drive assemblies, motors and even tweaked the lamp and power supply of the previous X-Effects. The result is the X24 X-Effects.
Lens trains are available in 19, 30, 50 and 70-degree configurations. Due to the efficiency of the lamp and the design of the optics, all lenses have crisp edges, even for long throws of 100 feet or more.
The X24 X-Effects Projector is available in two configurations:
For theatrical entertainment lighting, specify the model with DMX on board. Using five DMX channels, the unit has full control of each effect gobo, lamp strike and light output. The DMX-controlled douser, also initiated through your lighting control board, directs not only the light output but blackouts and fades as well.
For such permanent installations as retail or museum display, or where DMX is not required, the analog X24 X-Effects Projector is a good choice. It includes onboard potentiometers to control the speed and direction of both gobos.
Please note that the X24 parts are NOT interchangeable with the previous generations of X-Effects. Part numbers for the complete projector and common replacement parts are listed below. While it is recommended that any effects glass from previous X-Effects units be replaced with X24 effects glass, those older glass wheels can be used with some success. Irregular motion may occasionally be detected with older effects glass disks.
Notable features in the X24 X-Effects include:
- Re-tooled drive connections between the motor and the effects glass eliminate slipping and skipping in long running installations
- Custom made idler guides withstand wear and maintain ultra smooth gobo rotation
- Drive belts have been formulated in a UV / ozone resistant material and built for significantly longer duty cycle, estimated at 18 months between maintenance or replacement
- Effects Glass mounts are now designed with wide-gauge rounded shoulders for quiet but smooth operation
- A modified lamp allows for 7000 hour lamp life with no drop in luminous output
- 4 Framing shutters allow beam shaping and control
**Lens train required for operation. Lens trains are available in 19, 30, 50 and 70-degree configurations.