Mega-Clamp, introduced in 1993, is created from one solid piece of high tensile extruded aluminum, so its both stronger and lighter than cast iron clamps.
The Mega-Clamp's safety factor far exceeds industry standards, breaking at over 2-1/2 tons at an independant testing laboratory. The solid one piece aluminum clamp body is designed to grip pipe with its micro grooves, and will not rock when making adjustments to the light fixture. The Belleville spring washer has 600# of spring load when compressed. This spring pressure keeps the fixture from drifting after making small pan adjustments to the light fixture. Just grab the fixture by the top of the yoke and twist to pan the fixture. Usually, you will not need to pull out your wrench to tighten the pan bolt, the fixture will stay securely held. The Mega-Clamp fits from 1" (1-1/4 OD) to 2" (2.375 OD) pipe sizes. This means you can hang fixtures from a 2" pipe without having to buy a special Heavy Duty Clamp.
Available in Silver Finish.Specifications:
- Minimum Size: 1" pipe, 1.315" OD
- Maximum Size: 2" pipe, 2.375" OD
- Safe Vertical Working Load: 600 lb 273 kg
- Hardware:1/2" x 1" long hex head Grade 5 zinc bolt, 1/2" x 3" long square head set screw, spring washer
- Diminsions: 5.875" tall x 3.675" wide x 1" thick
- Weight: 13.4 oz